Calf Creek Falls, Highway 12, Southern Utah
Lower Calf Creek Falls
· 4.5 hours from SLC (268 miles from SLC)
· 130 ft. waterfall
· Cool water to swim in
· Surrounded by Sandstone cliffs
· 6 mile RT hike
· Walking in Sand
· Bring Extra clothes for swimming
· Southern Utah area
· Between the towns of Escalante and Boulder
· Dogs not recommended due to hot sand
· Amazingly BEAUTIFUL!!!
· Moderate Hike
· Start early. This hike gets hot by 11 am
· Indian Petroglyphs
· 3 – 4 hour RT
· Slick rock shallow creek
· Lots of Green Foliage all the way to the Waterfall
· Hidden treasure out in the middle of nowhere
· Directions: Travel through Dixie National Forest and plenty of other breath taking scenery to get there!
Head South on I-15. At Scipio, turn left on US 50, At the Aurora Sign, turn Right on UT 260, Follow the signs to Sigurd, Turn Right at UT 24, Stay on UT 24 until you arrive at Torrey. Turn Right on Scenic All American Highway 12. 48 miles to the entrance of Calf Creek Recreation Area (between milepost 75 & 76).
Follow the paved side road (approx. 200 yards) to the day-use parking area and trailhead
NOTE: The trailhead contains an information kiosk and a modern restroom. A small fee, approx. $2, is required to park in the day use area and is payable at the information kiosk.
Camping is available near the trailhead. The BLM maintained campground contains 13 sites available on a first come first served bases. Camping cost: Approx. $7.00/night.
Join Sheryl's Hiking Group today or Schedule your OWN customized Hiking Outing with Sheryl!
Website: liveandthrive.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org